Guy Gets Face Eaten Off By Bear Video Is He Dead Or Alive?

Guy gets face eaten off by bear video is the epitome of barbarism, cruelty, and atrocity. Wes Perkins, 65, was horribly attacked by a bear in 2011. 

A former fire chief not only lived to tell the tale but wanted to help anyone else who had gone through something similar.

In 2011, Perkins had his face ripped off by a grizzly bear in what has been described as one of the most horrific attacks on record. 

From Nome, Alaska, Wes Perkins went on a hunting trip with his friend Dan Stang and his son, Edward Stang. 

While they were hunting, they spotted a grizzly bear in the distance and began tracking it, but they lost sight of the creature at some point.

Fortunately, the hunters were able to locate the bear again, but this time it was way closer to them. 

“I turned and saw the bear, full charge,” Perkins told Anchorage Daily News around a year after the attack. “I only had time to say, ‘Oh s***!’ But I got [my] gun [halfway] off my back… When I turned around, the bear was that close. I had no time to do anything.”

Without thinking twice, the bear attacked Perkins. He started eating up his face and severely disfigured it. 

The attack has now become the subject of a short documentary by filmmaker Donnie Rosie, who was in Alaska for another project when he found out about Perkins’ story.

“I look back and the bear’s on top of [Perkins],” Dan Stang told Rosie in the film.

Recalling that horrible time, Dan Stang said that he immediately picked up his gun and started shooting the bear when he saw it attacking his friend. 

The 8-foot-tall bear then began to charge at him, causing his son to shoot at the bear too. Eventually, the bear succumbed to his injuries and died.

“I probably saved Wes’s life and my son saved my life in the same ordeal,” Dan Stang said.

Throughout the attack, Perkins had remained conscious. Dan Stang had rolled him forward so that his injured face was buried in the snow to keep it numb and called for immediate help.

“I basically kept my airway open and had to dig the debris out of my airway, when I lost my tongue, jaw and all but a few teeth,” Perkins told Newsweek. “So telling myself to function and never close my eyes or go unconscious was the main concentration.”

Perkins’ brother was the first person who responded to Dan Stang’s call for help, and he swiftly contacted a rescue helicopter piloted by Ben Rowe.

What happened after Perkins was attacked?

After the arrival of the rescue helicopter, Perkins got up and walked into it. He was then rushed back to Nome and then to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

The bear had ripped off most of his jaw and tongue and caused massive damage to one of his eyes.

Perkins spent the next four months in the hospital, undergoing numerous operations to repair the damage done by the bear.

Slowly, the surgeons began to reconstruct his face, inserting titanium plates in both his cheeks and a titanium rib around the jawbone.

Perkins couldn’t speak legibly for several months, relying on writing to communicate. The extent of his injuries led doctors to tell him that he may never be able to eat or drink via his mouth again.

Over ten years later, Perkins’ face is healed, though scarred, and he lives a full and happy life. He hasn’t let his ordeal deter him from exploring the wilderness and still hunts bears and moose as he did before.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCz1LJkoJ2kqHqnrcKeZJ6ZpJq7brvFn2SbsV2XsqK%2BjK%2BgnZ2fZA%3D%3D